|Benefit Hydra-Smooth Lip Color (€18,31) available in Benefit stores and online|
As I mentioned in a previous post, Benefit launched a whole new line of 10 different lipsticks as an addition to their new color cosmetics line. Their release wasn’t the most talked about in the beauty community and so it is they got overlooked a little. There are not a lot of good reviews or swatches available online, but I still wanted to order one and try it out myself.
There are 10 colors to choose from, available in 3 levels of coverage, ranging from sheer to medium, to medium full. The lipstick comes in a cardboard tube which has a beautiful design and is re-usable (you could put little pieces of jewelry in it for example). The packaging of the lipstick itself is very unique, something I haven’t seen before. It’s tall and twistable at the bottom. I know not everybody will like the packaging, but I really do.
“Dare me” has a medium full coverage and is a beautiful, true and vibrant fuchsia.
|Swatch of Benefit’s “Dare Me”|
Facts about the Hydra-Smooth Lip Color:
- They are enriched with Shea, Mango Butter and Vitamin E, which makes these lippies super hydrating and comfortable to wear.
- The cut shape of this lipstick is very unique and makes it easy to line your lips and fill them in. In the beginning I thought the shape was a bit strange, but I learned to work with it and it turned out quite handy and easy to use.
- The color pay-off is great and pigmentation stays on your lips for quite a long time. Once it’s gone, you are still left with a subtle stain.
- They are very creamy and buttery and they apply very easy. But even though they are very creamy, they stay in place and don’t move that easily.
- They don’t have SPF.
- They cost about €18 each and for that you get 3g. They are available at Benefit counters or online.