Looking like a walking disco-ball on a hot summer day isn’t exactly what I like, yet it happens to me every single time. I have used various setting/mattifying powders from MAC to Milani and even Rimmel. Sure, it works for about 3 hours, but then my oil just pops up again. Therefor, finding a good setting powder is very important to me. There are days that my makeup needs to stay in place for more then 12 hours, and there are not a lot of powders that can handle that. Finding the perfect one isn’t always easy, and sometimes, when you finally do find one that does the trick, it can look too powdery, and that’s no fun either.
So when I heard that Urban Decay relaunched their mattifying powder, I thought it was about time I put this one to the test. The packaging is very Urban Decay bad-ass-ish and quite heavy for a powder. There’s a mirror inside and an applicator that somehow sticks to the mirror, I guess it’s magnetic or something. The powder itself is white (Urban Decay says it’s lavender?) and transparent.
Facts about this product:
- To my surprise, it controlled my shine really well and lasted for a good 5 hours on me before I had to touch-up.
- Blends in with the skin and doesn’t leave you looking cakey or too powdery.
- The powder is super fine and lightweight and looks good on every skin.
- You can use this on naked skin or over your makeup, which is what I did.
- It costs about €24 for 11g and it’s available online on lookfantastic.com