A good foundation that keeps my face shine-free all day is an absolute must for me. I get oily super fast on and around my noise, especially by the end of the day. The new Stay Matte foundation by Rimmel promises that it will control my shininess. It’s not easy finding a good foundation that keeps you shine-free all day, let alone a drugstore one!
“A feather-light, liquid mousse that blends flawlessly for natural-looking and an all day shine control. Silky smooth formula for a perfectly matte, baby-soft finish. Lightweight texture won’t feel heavy or greasy. Minimizes the appearance of pores.”
|Left: Soft Beige (200) / Right: Sand (300)|
I got two colors (one for my mom and one for me), Soft Beige and Sand. There are 4 shades available here in Belgium, Soft Beige (200) is the second lightest. Sand (300) is the next-to-last shade. I think that’s a really poor selection and it wasn’t easy finding a shade that matched me. I thought that Soft Beige was my shade but I ended up having to mix it in with Sand because otherwise it was too light.
I like how this foundation is in a tube, that way you can easily control how much product comes out and it’s also more hygienic that way.
I used the tiniest amount since I had heard that it can look like you’re wearing a mask easily. I dotted it on my face and blended it with my Real Techniques expert face brush. It’s better to use a little and add some more on problem areas, that’s what I did at least. It does look a bit powdery and it’s definitely more medium to full coverage, depending on how much you apply.
- Doesn’t feel heavy or greasy on the skin.
- The price. One tube will cost you €9,99 and contains 30ml of product.
- It kept my face shine-free the entire day!
- It applies and blends easily.
- It’s easily available. They should be out for sale in every drugstore by now 🙂
- It doesn’t look super natural, unlike what they promised.
- The powdery finish. But I guess that’s normal for a shine-free foundation.
- The fact that there are only 4 shades to chose from (Ivory, Soft Beige, Sand & Natural Beige).
- If you have little bumps on your face this foundation will accentuate that even more and make it look a bit patchy.
Overall I’m relatively happy with this foundation! It has a more full coverage but if you don’t apply too much it doesn’t look cakey. I will definitely use this one up but I’m not sure if it’s worth a re-purchase.